Thursday, March 2, 2017

Exchange to IMAP Gateway

I am one of this users that is still using client mail like Thunderbird. Do not get me wrong, I use and like Gmail, but I still need more control over my mail in few cases. Anyway, from time to time the University Exchange server is updated/reconfigured and I loose access to the provided IMAP access. Since this became recurrent event and the suggested solutions from the support team were somewhat random guesses I looked for alternative solution.

Here is what I am using right now, while I can not access my mail box after the last upgrade.



DavMail Gateway: It is a Java program, so it runs on any common platform. I am using the Desctop setup, which does not require encryption. On the screenshot above, you can see the OWA (Exchange) URL for Uppsala University - the rest is not specific. Here is the IMAP Thunderbird mail setup. You need to provide PasswordA in this case. The one noticeable disadvantage is that PUSH does not work. The Gateway needs to run in background.

That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment